In this episode — aimed squarely at entrepreneurs, freelancers, and bloggers — Kitty and I attempt to answer questions like:
- What do you do when you’re an entrepreneur who has to handle many different tasks?
- How do you decide what to focus on, when you have so many things that you just can’t everything else?
- How do you manage mental, physical, and emotional resources?
- What happens to your brainpower, your energy, your focus, and balance during the day?
And, most importantly, as a blogger, freelancer, or solopreneur, how the heck do you manage your time better to reduce your stress and get it all done???
Got a comment or question about the podcast episode? Post it on Twitter with the hashtag #anywhereist! Of course, you can always leave a comment below.
This episode is sponsored by WordPress Building Blocks (that’s my other business). We’re offering a new live coaching program called How to Create a Powerful WordPress Site You Can Easily Manage Yourself — Even if You’re a Beginner.
It’s designed for DIY-types who want to create their own WordPress sites. It includes live teaching sessions, a group forum, and printed materials. In other words, it’s pretty darn comprehensive. Get more information and sign up for the Early List (and a discount) at the link above.
Resources from the Podcast
As always, here are links to the resources we discussed during the episode.
- Eisenhower Decision Matrix — are your tasks urgent but not important? Not urgent but vital? Here’s the printable that Kitty describes in this episode, to help you decide where to focus your time.
- Trello — This is my favorite tool for staying on top of projects and keeping track of to-dos. I even use it to collaborate with clients. Available for all platforms so you can use it on any device.
- Toggle — I use it for time tracking. It’s super simple, and you can use it on your computer, tablet, or phone.
- Time Budget — we introduced this in Episode 7, and there’s an earlybird version for you people who like to get up with the sun, and a night owl version for people like me.
- Comment form — we’d love your input/comments on this episode. You can join the discussion by using the comment form below. Or, you can email us.
- Passion Planner — a better way to organize your life and work
Thanks for the great music! Our theme music is provided by SoundCloud, and we’re featuring artist ItIs Leanne, playing Corta-Jaca – tango brasileiro.
Follow Your Co-Hosts
Your co-hosts are Susanna Perkins (Anywhereist) and Kitty Navias.
Susanna’s a serial solopreneur, blogger, freelance writer, WordPress maven, and all-around portable career enthusiast. She developed her anywhereist lifestyle in an act of desperation following the US financial meltdown in 2009. During that time she’s moved 7 times, and worked from hundreds of locations at home and abroad.
Kitty’s a millennial with a lot of creative pursuits — she’s a musician, photographer, and writer. She’s traveled extensively, with plans for a lot more. On the show, Kitty will be providing us with tips and resources to keep our lives under control and moving in a forward direction as we become Anywhereists.
Follow Anywhereist on Instagram @the_anywhereist
Like Anywhereist on Facebook @Anywhereist
Follow Anywhereist on Twitter @TheAnywhereist