The ideal way to find the best country for your overseas adventure is to visit and fall in love.
If you’ve been fortunate enough to spend time in other countries, you can use that experience to choose your spot — or at least whittle down your list of choices.
But for the rest of us, there’s a process in determining which country, and then which city, town or region, is the best place to live, or the best spot to spend time, whether as a full-time, permanent resident, a part-time resident, a visitor, or a digital nomad.
In Part 1, Susanna reviews 10 different items to consider.
In Part 2, Kitty talks about a unique planning technique to help you nail down what your ideal life will look like, and gives you a tool to help you achieve it.
If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a comment below. This is a new thing for us, so we really appreciate your feedback!
Resources from the Podcast:
- 52 Days to Your New Life Overseas. Every day, for 52 days, you’ll receive an email outlining the next step to take. And it’s not only e-mail. The program includes:
- Fully Actionable Steps
- Interactive Worksheets
- And More To Help You Forecast, Plan, And Budget
- Create Your Roadmap (PDF). Download the PDF and use it to help strategize your transition to Anywhereist.
- Sometimes a conference gives you an easy way to get a ton of information about a new country. Here’s a list of the conferences for 2018 by Live & Invest Overseas. (I’ve attended several of their conferences, and also spoke at one.)
- Choosing a good international school for your children
Thanks for the great music! Our theme music is provided by SoundCloud, and we’re featuring artist ItIs Leanne, playing Corta-Jaca – tango brasileiro.
Follow Your Co-Hosts
Your co-hosts are Susanna Perkins (Anywhereist) and Kitty Navias.
Susanna’s a serial solopreneur, blogger, freelance writer, WordPress maven, and all-around portable career enthusiast. She developed her anywhereist lifestyle in an act of desperation following the US financial meltdown in 2009. During that time she’s moved 7 times, and worked from hundreds of locations at home and abroad.
Kitty’s a millennial with a lot of creative pursuits — she’s a musician, photographer, and writer. She’s traveled extensively, with plans for a lot more. On the show, Kitty will be providing us with tips and resources to keep our lives under control and moving in a forward direction as we become Anywhereists
Follow Anywhereist on Instagram @the_anywhereist
Like Anywhereist on Facebook @Anywhereist
Follow Anywhereist on Twitter @TheAnywhereist