Top 10 Reasons I Love my Kindle Wireless Book Reader:
- It’s about the size of a trade paperback, so I can take it everywhere.
- Because it uses electronic ink instead of LED, my eyes feel as though they’re reading a real book — they don’t get tired.
- If I finish a book at midnight, I can have a new one practically instantly, wirelessly, from the Kindle Store. No waiting. *
- I can get brand-new bestsellers for a fraction of the price of the print version.
- I can get books that are out of print or hard to find for a fraction of the price, or even free.
- It has a built-in dictionary. If I don’t know a word, I just highlight the line it’s on, click the cursor, and there’s the definition.
- I don’t have to carry a bookmark or remember where I left off. When I go back to what I was reading, it opens to where I left off.
- I can highlight and make notes.
- I never run out of reading material, even on a long trip.
- In its cover, it feels like a book.
Years ago when I started using a Kindle, it was also a great conversation starter. I can’t tell you how many interesting people have approached me to ask about it. That’s less so today — after all, they’re a lot more common now, but it still happens occasionally.
Here’s my Kindle – you can see it’s well worn! (And yes, I am reading Harry Potter. . . again. 😍 )